Monday, January 21, 2013

Confessions and Resolutions

So I haven't stepped on the weighing machine for about 1 year (or maybe longer), and I know I have been gaining weight. After all, I have been snacking a lot with zero physical activities to burn off the calories that I had shamelessly and un-hesitantly absorbed (who could resist that refreshing cuppa milk tea with its chewy pearls in the midst of the hot weather? or the burst of flavours from the ever-increasing ice-cream outlets sprouting up in all corners of Singapore? or the tiny bites of joy and sweetness to keep lethargy and boredom at bay during lessons?).

And now, with J's endless taunting of my ever-expanding tummy, I am starting to examine my own body and I have to say I am highly alarmed. I finally plucked up the courage to step on the weighing machine again today and lo and behold, the number displayed jumped past my delusional 54kg!! (which is already bad enough to begin with >.<) I shall not announce my exact weight as I would still like to maintain whatever image left of me, but anyways, J's taunting and the number on my weighing machine has raised a high alarm and I am looking at my weight issue seriously.

I have in fact, started on simple workouts (mainly squats and sit-ups) for the past week since school started, and boy, it's tough! Having not exercised for so long, my body felt so rusty and badly out of condition. :((

BUT, I have resolved (I hate using this word because I rarely keep to my resolutions but let's hope it'll be an exception this time round) I shall continue with my simple workouts and add some cardio activities (jogging/skipping) for the coming days. Cardio workouts' really effective, or that's what everyone else says on the internet.

So, 30-45 min for each jogging/skipping session and at least 4 sessions a week. I really hope I can pull this through!

Hwaiting~!

p.s. and I read somewhere that green tea boosts the metabolism rate, so it shall be my new drink of the day instead of coffee from now on. :)


2 comments:

  1. Jiayou!! :)) join me n chels for sundown! :x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha when is it ah? must really start training for it if joining. my body condition is really really bad i might faint and collapse after only like 2km of running? LOL!!

      Delete