Saturday, February 16, 2013

My first homemade manicure!!

Tada~
NICE RIGHT??? :3

Did this in the spirit of CNY and Valentine's day, and I got the inspiration from Gladys' blog! :)

As you can see, I was being a little too ambitious and tried many new techniques! And I'm pretty satisfied with the result! Could be better of course, but given that this is my first time, I would rate it a 7! For the colourful-ness and cheerful vibe that this creates. Hehehe.




Here's the stuff I used just to do this manicure:

All of my nail-related stuff are from either Etude House or Face Shop. And yes, you'll need a band-aid, you'll see why. And because this is my first time doing such a manicure and with all those new techniques, I spent about 3hrs on it! But I guess it's worth the effort! :))

Anyways, here's what I tried (a youtube search would easily teach you how to do them effortlessly too!):
1) Hearts hearts~  
This is my favourite and most successful ones and. Koped from Gladys and here's the link to learn how to do it: DIY Nail Hearts. This is where the band-aid comes in handy. Really simple and fuss-free. And depending on the colour combi you choose, you can create really different looks! I tried pastel orange & white and it's oh-so-sweet! And bright orange & gold combi is really fitting for new year occasion!

2) Gradient!
This is less successful, I need to practice more. Heehee. Guess the colours I chose wasn't too different and the spread of colours were off so the gradient effect didn't come out as nicely as expected. I think this is really great tutorial on YouTube teaching you how to create the gradient effect using sponge.

3) And lastly french! This is the basic so won't show photos. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment