Saturday, April 06, 2013

1st All Star Open Dance Championships 2013

On my way to WM's dance competition to help out now. Excited~
Don't know what to expect though.

And I have a pimple in the inner edge of my nostril. When I tried to squeeze it, it hurts so bad I cried. So the pimple is still there. I can feel it whenever I flare my nostril.

Updated (15 April):
I've only had time to update this now that most of my assignments and projects are over.

This was my first time attending a dance competition and it was pretty amazing. Especially the night events, which were definitely of excellent standard (something to work towards to, but I doubt I can ever reach that level).

Michelle gave me the easy task of collecting score sheets from the judges initially, so I get to watch part of the competition. I had to walk quite a lot of rounds around the competition area, but for the someone who is trying to be more physically active (and losing weight), it was pretty fun. And I have to admit there were a couple of cute judges (for the Latin events). *drools*

But no long into the role of score collector, Michelle realised that she was short-handed for ushers and I was given the task to usher the competitors. Basically I have to gather up the correct competitors for the correct item and get them ready before its their turn. I have to say this is a rather saikang job and conclusion of the day: 7 year old little kids are really really hard to manage. They'll probably be wandering all around the hall and it might be only one more event before it's their turn to shine and they are no where to be found! It would usually be the parents who would be more uncooperative and bring their kids to me once I start shouting out the event number.

The whole competition lasted till late into the night and I went back to my score collecting role again after my ushering job is done.

I have to say coming for this competition kind of motivated me to put in more effort for dance. I used to just attend the elementary and intermediate courses organised by SNB so after a while, my standard just stopped improving and I am just learning the same moves over and over again. And now, I have decided to start technique classes at Dance Dynamix together with Gladys in May once my FYP is over. Hopefully, I'll improve faster and be good enough to join Viva later this year. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment